Off the Royal Mile
The building forms part of an extension to Tweeddale House, which was built in the late 16th century and in 1670 became home to the Marquess of Tweeddale. It had fallen into disrepair by the time the British Linen Bank bought it in 1790 — the extension was added the year after to house the bank’s manager. The property lies behind the bustle of the city’s High Street in the core of the Old Town, yet the building’s large windows, its views onto a churchyard and the peaceful location, create a sanctuary in the centre of Edinburgh. Our design enhances the calm and laid back atmosphere of the building providing the owners with a tranquil space.